The following are other websites that may be of interest….
- Dave’s Garden: http://davesgarden.com/ A handy site for looking up plant information, comments from growers, and lists of vendors who carry particular plants
- Information on perrinials: http://www.perennials.com/index.html
- APHIS manual: Search before you buy: A searchable list of plants that are prohibitted from import from Canada into Point Roberts
- Request for a phyto-sanitary inspection: http://active.inspection.gc.
ca/tech/pdf.asp?v7c3369e_reForm to be completed and emailed to Kara Soares (Kara.Soares@inspection.gc.ca) , Program Officer who handles privately arranged inspections for import of plants from Canada into Point Roberts
- West Coast Seeds: http://www.westcoastseeds.com/
Ladner business that can precertify their seeds for import into Point Roberts. Also sells seed starting supplies
- Whatcom County Noxious Weed Control Board: http://www.co.whatcom.wa.us/
publicworks/weeds/index.jspUseful information on identifying and controlling noxious and invasive weeds.
- Phoenix Perennials: http://www.phoenixperennials.
com/Richmond nursery that offers a wonderful selection of unusual perennials; will arrange for a phyto-sanitary inspection
- Gardeners Supply Company: http://www.gardeners.com/ US-based company that offers raised bed supplies, seed starting equipment, and a wide variety of other gardening supplies
- Gardens Alive: http://www.gardensalive.com/ An environmentally-responsible source of natural pest control products and specialty fertilizers
- Annie’s Annuals dry shade guide: http://www.anniesannuals.com/
special_pgs/eblasts/110310/A list of plants for dry shade, assembled by a California nursery. email-web.htm
- Improve Your Home Garden: Beginner’s Guide to Earthworms: http://www.improvenet.com/a/beginners-guide-to-earthworms There is some excellent information on earthworms and soil